Privacy & Data Protection
Data Protection Policy
1. McKenzie Friend Law Support Ltd (“MFLS”) (“we” “us” “the company”) is registered with the Information Commissioners Office, Reference: ZA314502 for purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 ('the Act'). This statement confirms MFLS’s commitment to protecting privacy and to processing personal information in a manner which meets the requirements of the Act.
Whilst the Act places duties on an organisation and individuals to process personal information fairly and lawfully, nothing within this policy shall prevent the company sharing such information with other organisation’s and practitioners, including third party providers to which local authorities have chosen to delegate children’s social care functions, and the Local Safeguarding Children Board (LSCB), where the company consider the sharing of such information is likely to safeguard and protect any child.
Why MFLS Needs Personal Information
2. The information MFLS collects may include:
a. Name and job title.
b. Contact information.
c. Age, Date of Birth, disability status, ethnicity, gender and nationality.
d. Occupation and company details.
e. Other information relevant to:
i. Working in the interests of clients in relation to legal proceedings.
ii. Other statutory obligations.
iii. Administrative functions.
3. MFLS may use this information for the following reasons:
a. To carry out its business functions.
b. Licensing and registration.
c. Complaints and dispute handling.
d. Investigations and enquiries on behalf of clients.
f. To improve its legal support services.
g. To send information to clients which may be of interest to them.
h. For administration purposes.
i. To comply with its legal and regulatory obligations.
Monitoring and Recording of Communications
4. MFLS may monitor or record any communication between a client, potential client or enquirer and MFLS for quality and training purposes.
5. MFLS has appropriate technical and organisational measures in place to prevent the unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal information and accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal information. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Retention of Personal Information
6. MFLS will not keep personal information for longer than is necessary for professional purposes.
7. Cookies are text files, which identify a user’s computer to our server. Cookies in themselves do not identify the individual user, just the computer used.
9. Users may, of course, choose not to accept cookies from the MFLS website. This might mean that their browser will not remember which style sheet they prefer to use and their preferences will need to be reset for each page they visit. Further information about cookies can be found at: www.aboutcookies.org/ .
Links to Other Websites
10. MFLS website may contain links to other third party websites. MFLS is not responsible for the data protection and privacy practices of any of these other third party websites. MFLS encourages users to be aware of this when they leave the MFLS website and to read the data protection and privacy statements on other websites visited which collect personally identifiable information.
Rights to Access Personal Information
11. Clients are entitled pursuant to the Act to ask for a copy of their personal information, for which MFLS will charge a £10.00 fee, and to have any inaccuracies in their information corrected. A subject access request form can be obtained on request by applying in writing to the address shown below.
Complaints About how MFLS Processes Personal Information
12. In the first instance clients should contact MFLS. Complaints should be addressed to: McKenzie Friend Law Support Ltd. 21 Temple Mill Island, Marlow, Buckinghamshire, SL7 1SG. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to get more Information
13. If there are any questions about this statement, please contact: McKenzie Friend Law Support Ltd. 21 Temple Mill Island, Marlow, Buckinghamshire, SL7 1SG.
14. The Company reserves the right to review this policy in accordance with extant regulations and to add, delete or modify the policy at any time without prior notice. The policy should be checked regularly.