top of page

Family Law Support

Helping You Represent Yourself

Expert Assistance at a Fraction of Solicitor Costs

Family Law

             Have you made the difficult decision to separate or start divorce proceedings?

             Has your partner just left you?

             Are you worried about children and contact issues?

             Are you worried about money or financial matters?

McKenzie Friend Law Support can help you with all your family law problems including divorce, separation, financial issues and child arrangements – whether in or out of court.

Child Arrangements

Whether you are divorcing or separating, we can provide you with the help and assistance you need for making child arrangements.


Our experienced and understanding team can help support you through the process of negotiation and, where necessary, apply to the Court for contact, residence and other orders, and ensure these orders work as intended.


We are able to help you with:

  • Parenting Plans: To clarify arrangements to care for a child after separation without having to go to court

  • Consent Orders: Where the court makes an order setting out what you agree in your parenting plan. (subject to it being reasonable and in child’s best interest)

  • Arrangement Orders: If parents cannot fully agree then you can apply to the court for orders that decides; where a child lives, when your child spends time with each parent, when and what other types of contact take place (phone calls for example)

  • Prohibited Steps Orders: Is an order granted by the court in family cases which prevents either parent from carrying out certain events or making specific trips with their children without express permission of the other parent for example, preventing an ex-partner from taking your child abroad without permission

  • Specific Issue Orders: Is used to look at a specific question about how a child is being brought up, for example; what school they go to, if they should have a religious education, or health issues.

  • Leave to Remain Cases: A child living overseas who has a parent or other relative, who is either settled or applying for settlement in the UK, applying for leave to enter or remain in the UK.

  • Seek and Find Orders: when one party has disappeared with the child/children


There is only one ground for divorce and that is that the marriage has "irretrievably broken down". To prove this you have to rely on one of the following:

  • Adultery - Your spouse has committed adultery and you find it intolerable to live together.

  • Unreasonable Behaviour - Your spouse has behaved in such a way that you cannot reasonably be expected to live together.

  • Two- year separation with consent - You have been separated for 2 years and your spouse agrees to divorce.

  • Five-year separation - You have been separated 5 years (No consent of the other party needed)

  • Desertion - Your spouse deserted you more than 2 years ago. We strongly recommend that desertion is avoided. If you want to base your divorce on desertion you may require a managed divorce.

Divorce is never painless, but our experience in divorce can provide all the essential documentation, papers, advice and support you will need to settle your uncontested divorce quickly and efficiently with the least amount of stress or expense and without a court appearance.


Timescale for an uncontested divorce 4 to 6 months approx.


McKenzie Friend Law Support can assist you with our Personalised Gold Level Service Divorce. We can complete all the forms you’ll need throughout the whole divorce process – from issuing your petition until you have your Decree Absolute in your hand.

  • Step One: Application for Divorce

  • Step Two: Acknowledgement of Service

  • Step Three: Application for Decree Nisi

  • Step Four:Application for Decree Absolute

Or you can opt for a Platinum Level Service which includes all of the above features of our Gold Level Service Divorce plus a Clean Break Agreement and Will. A Clean Break is important to preserve your financial position going forward. Clean Break Orders ensure that your ex-partner cannot go back to court to ask for more money or assets post-divorce.

Contested Divorces are not suitable for a 'quick' process and will need be managed by our team on an individual basis.

bottom of page